Cabinet approval to abolish 19A and draft 20A – Keheliya
The Cabinet today granted the approval to abolish the 19th Amendment to the Constitution and to draft the 20th Amendment to the Constitution, stated Minister of Mass Media Keheliya Rambukwella.
Several articles in the 19th Constitutional Amendment are expected to be amended through the enactment of the new legislation.
The Minister mentioned this speaking to the media following the Cabinet meeting today (19).
The inaugural meeting got underway under the patronage of President Gotabaya Rajapaksa at the Presidential Secretariat.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- World’s leading tech companies deeply criticize Sri Lanka’s Online Safety Bill October 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government says No more emergency purchases of medicines October 2, 2023
- IMF unveils 16-point plan to address governance challenges in Sri Lanka October 2, 2023
- Corrupt elements use Parliament, Finance Ministry to evade taxes October 2, 2023
- CEYPETCO and Lanka IOC increases fuel prices October 1, 2023