Cabinet Minister’s daughter bids Rs. 900 mn for GK Children’s Hospital
The daughter of a Cabinet Minister had submitted a bid for 900 million rupees to acquire the Children’s and Women’s Hospital at Kirimandala Mawatha, Colombo 5 – a key asset of the collapsed Golden Key (GK) company.
Bids for this five-storied complex on 616 perches of prime property in Colombo closed on January 23, 2012.
The Minister’s daughter was amongst three bidders for this valuable asset.She has offered 500 million rupees in cash and the balance 400 million rupees in shares to be transferred to the GK depositors dedicated fund after going in for a listing, officials said.
Public listings and transferring shares are a time-consuming and complicated process, they said. “The bid is expected to be awarded to a company which has offered 900 million in cash”.
This medical facility, which was nearing completing when GK folded up, is being sold to raise liquid cash to repay depositors.
The Minister concerned was amongst some key UNP members who defected to the government. (SP)
Courtesy: The Island
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Litro gas prices increased from tonight (October 04) October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister says people seeking treatment at government hospitals have increased by 40% October 4, 2023
- Court dismisses misappropriation case against Ajith Nivard Cabraal and Lalith Weeratunga October 4, 2023
- Sanath Nishantha to pay electric bills of SLPP low-income families October 4, 2023
- Chairman of CEYPETCO and CPSTL Uvais Mohamed resigns October 4, 2023