Can’t elect a president if there are too many candidates – Duminda
Posted in Local News
If all parties put forward their own candidate to contest at the upcoming Presidential election, electing a Present could impossible, says Minister Duminda Dissanayake.
He expressed these views at a public rally held in Anuradhapura.
If candidates from every party contests at the election, the winner will have to get 50% of the votes and one more vote; this would create many issues in the election, points out the Minister.
Certain individuals who criticized Mahinda Rajapaksa, even more than him, are now acting loyally with the former President, said Dissanayake.
(Source: Ada Derana)
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023