CCPI based inflation further drops to 57.2%
Posted in Local News
The Year-on-Year (Y-o-Y) inflation based on the Colombo Consumer Price Index (CCPI) decreased to 57.2% in December, the Department of Census and Statistics reported.
Accordingly, in comparison to the 61.0% seen in November, the Y-o-Y was down by 3.8% in December.
Meanwhile, food inflation also decreased to 64.4% in December, from the 73.7% recorded last month.
Click here for the full report.
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023