CEB to recruit temporary employees
Addressing a media briefing in Colombo on Monday morning, the Deputy Chairman of the CEB said that a decision has been taken to recruit 5000 employees to the CEB on a temporary basis.
He said that this measure was taken in light of the strike launched by the employees of the joint trade union.
The Deputy Chairman added that the recruitment drive will ensure an uninterrupted power supply.
Meanwhile, a demonstration was launched by a group of employees attached to the CEB opposite the CEB office in Colombo.
Courtesy: News First
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka aims to streamline tax structure, boost collections October 4, 2023
- Tharushi Karunarathna wins Gold at Asian Games in China October 4, 2023
- Litro gas prices increased from tonight (October 04) October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister says people seeking treatment at government hospitals have increased by 40% October 4, 2023
- Court dismisses misappropriation case against Ajith Nivard Cabraal and Lalith Weeratunga October 4, 2023