Chandana Wickremaratne appointed as the acting IGP
Senior Deputy Inspector General of Police Chandana Wickremaratne has been appointed as the Acting Inspector General of Police.
Former IGP N.K. Illangakoon has been appointed as adviser to the Ministry of Defence.
Meanwhile, Attorney General Jayantha Jayasuriya has been appointed as the Chief Justice and he was sworn in at the Presidential Secretariat this morning (29) in the presence of President Maithripala Sirisena.
Additional Auditor General Chulantha Wickramaratne was appointed as the Auditor General.
These officials received their letters of appointment from the President this morning.
IGP Pujith Jayasundara has been handed Compulsory Leave over investigations on the Easter Day attacks, sources said.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023
- Trains delayed on coastal line due to derailment near Kollupitiya September 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s revenue shortfall concerns IMF team – sources September 27, 2023
- Airman killed, another injured in explosion at Kandakuliya Air Force Training Camp September 26, 2023