Chinese premier meets Sri Lankan president
Chinese Premier Li Keqiang on Wednesday met with Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena in Beijing.
Expressing China’s strong condemnation of recent terrorist attacks in Sri Lanka, Li said China firmly supports efforts made by the Sri Lankan government and people to restore domestic stability.
Li said China is willing to strengthen the synergy between the Belt and Road Initiative and the development strategy of Sri Lanka, and promote cooperation in major projects as well as under multilateral frameworks.
Sirisena said Sri Lanka stands ready to jointly build the Belt and Road and enhance coordination in international and regional affairs with China, so as to carry forward the friendship and cooperation between the two countries.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- IMF Team to conduct second review of Sri Lanka’s EFF program in March 2024 February 28, 2024
- Sri Lanka’s education ministry halts outdoor school activities due to heat February 28, 2024
- Santhan, released convict in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case, dies due to illness February 28, 2024
- Suspect wanted over Mahabage shooting killed in clash with STF February 28, 2024
- Ronnie de Mel passes away February 27, 2024