Chinese shops mushrooming – President
President Maithripala Sirisena has raised concerns about the mushrooming of Chinese shops throughout the country, at the recently held Cabinet meeting.
Chinese shops have increased in numbers in Colombo and Kandy and convening of Chinese shop owners to Sugathadasa Stadium on Tuesday (06) is an disadvantage to the local shop owners, President has told the Cabinet.
The actions taken by the former Minister of Finance has distanced the minor shop owners of the country from the government with displeasure, he has further told the Cabinet.
Meanwhile, Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe has reminded that opening of Chinese shops had begun from 2001.
(Source: Daily Mirror – By Dayaseeli Liyanage)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023