Chinese shops mushrooming – President
Posted in Local News
President Maithripala Sirisena has raised concerns about the mushrooming of Chinese shops throughout the country, at the recently held Cabinet meeting.
Chinese shops have increased in numbers in Colombo and Kandy and convening of Chinese shop owners to Sugathadasa Stadium on Tuesday (06) is an disadvantage to the local shop owners, President has told the Cabinet.
The actions taken by the former Minister of Finance has distanced the minor shop owners of the country from the government with displeasure, he has further told the Cabinet.
Meanwhile, Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe has reminded that opening of Chinese shops had begun from 2001.
(Source: Daily Mirror – By Dayaseeli Liyanage)
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023
What’s the problem, my dear Prezi?
Your Yahapalana Govt shamelessly sold the Hambanatota Harbour to the chinks for peanuts.
Why get upset over Chinky traders?
They have been with us over 100 years producing noodles, Chinese eateries and cloth shops.
Is our President going crazy From where can we get the funds because our President has closed all avenues of obtaining funds like his avoidance of coal fuel electricity , his addiction to solar power which can be established as the biggest fraud in our Country’s history and his dislike of Chinese investment who are our biggest investors in our country , Our President is behaving like a Person who cannot think Properly he should consult his former Boss MR as he does not wish to listen to the good advice of the Prime Minister
So, ask the locals to copy them. They are rather successful globally.
It’s true what the President says. You see Chinese Restaurants in every road or lane in SL. The main menue is Fried Rice which the Chinese do not eat. Also all owned by unqualified kottu specialists.