CID arrests Head of Avant-Garde’s Maritime Security Division
The maritime security head of the Avant-Garde was arrested by the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) upon his arrival at the Bandaranaike International Airport, Katunayaka this morning, Police said.
He was arrested with regard to the ongoing lawsuit over unlawful possession of 815 automatic fire arms and 202,935 live ammunition rounds, which were taken into custody from Merchant Shipping Vessel MV Avant-Garde.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Permission not given to Chinese ship to dock, India’s concerns important: Sabry September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka squad named for ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 September 26, 2023
- S&P raises Sri Lanka local currency ratings to ‘CCC+/C’, says outlook stable September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka President expresses dissatisfaction with country’s current education system September 26, 2023
- Chinese model breaks U.S. hegemony: former Sri Lankan diplomat September 26, 2023