Those who want Gota to wear jumper will end up in jumpers: Mahinda Rajapaksa
Responding to remarks made by UNP MP Hesha Vithanage that Gotabaya Rajapaksa will have to wear (prison) jumper when Sajith Premadasa comes to power, former President Mahinda Rajapaksa yesterday said those who are trying to do so will have to wear jumpers.
Speaking at one of the SLPP conventions held in Colombo, Mr. Rajapaksa said the government was only focused on taking revenge on its opponents.
“Now they are looking into the construction of the Sanda Hiru Seya. The government is trying to arrest two officials for releasing gold to construct the Stupa. The Stupa was built with due approvals. As the Finance Minister’s permission was given to release and place valuables inside the Stupa following a decision made by the Defence Council. We cannot approve taking revenge from officials in such manner,” Mr. Rajapaksa said.
(Source: Daily Mirror – By Lahiru Pothmulla)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023