CID records statement from Sri Lanka’s former Health Minister Keheliya Rambukwella
Sri Lanka’s Criminal Investigation Department (CID) is currently recording a statement from former Health Minister Keheliya Rambukwella at his residence regarding a controversial drug transaction.
Accordingly, a group of CID officers visited the former Health Minister Keheliya Rambukwella’s residence in Colombo this morning (December 26) and began the interrogation at 09:00 AM regarding the import of substandard Human Immunoglobulin to the country, Police spokesman SSP Nihal Thalduwa said.
The interrogation began at 9:00 AM this morning (December 26) and is currently going on.
Files related to the case, including those seized from the office of the Additional Secretary of the Health Ministry Saman Ratnayake, have been forwarded to the government Government Analyst’s Department.
So far, several high profile arrests have been made in connection with the case including the former Secretary of the Ministry of Health, the Director of the Health Ministry’s Medical Supplies Division and three other officials of the same division, as well as the owner of the relevant company which is said to have imported the batch of substandard Immunoglobulin vials by forging documents.
They are currently in remand custody.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Public Health Inspector (PHI) shot dead in Elpitiya February 26, 2024
- Sri Lanka’s justice minister assures presidential election scheduled for 2024 February 26, 2024
- Wanindu Hasaranga suspended for two matches, fined February 25, 2024
- Parliamentary committees summon CBSL officials over 70% salary increase February 25, 2024
- STF arrests Army Corporal over Mahabage shooting that killed “Ukkuwa” February 24, 2024