CID to probe on NY Times article following complaints logged by Ranjan Ramanayake
The Criminal Investigation Department (CID) began investigations on the New York Times article which revealed that former President has traded the Hambantota port to obtain funds for Presidential election campaign in 2015 following a complaint lodged by Deputy Minister of Social Empowerment Ranjan Ramanayake.
The New York Times article on the Hambantota port aroused a massive outcry in social media and also in print media last week.
(Source: Daily News)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Keheliya Rambukwella further remanded until March 14, 2024 February 29, 2024
- Supreme Court invalidates Cabinet decision granting Paget road residence to Maithripala Sirisena February 29, 2024
- Nagananda Kodituwakku barred from practicing as Attorney-at-Law February 29, 2024
- Sri Lanka President highlights country’s Indian ocean security commitment at Pathfinder Conference February 29, 2024
- 36 persons injured in a bus accident in Monaragala February 29, 2024