Classified garbage collection programme inaugurated at President’s Official Residence
The inauguration of the classified garbage collection programme was held under the patronage of President Maithripala Sirisena at the President’s Official Residence, today (Nov.01).
Marking the launch of this island-wide programme, the President handed over the properly classified garbage bins as degradable and non-degradable to the City Council.
Expressing his views regarding the garbage disposal issue of the country the President said that the Government should provide solutions for the garbage disposal issue of the country paying highest priority for it.
The President expressed the hope that this programme will pave the way to create a clean City and a clean country. He said that the contribution of all the citizens in the country needed to achieve success in all the waste management programmes carried out by the Government.
The programme implemented according to a concept of the Ministry of Provincial Council and Local Government as well as the Ministry of Megapolis and Western Development.
Ministers Patali Champika Ranawaka, Faizer Mustapha, Sagala Rathnayake, State Minister, Priyankara Jayarathna, Provincial Councils and Local Government Ministry Secretary Kamal Padmasiri and state officials participated in this event.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023
- Trains delayed on coastal line due to derailment near Kollupitiya September 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s revenue shortfall concerns IMF team – sources September 27, 2023
- Airman killed, another injured in explosion at Kandakuliya Air Force Training Camp September 26, 2023