Committee to make recommendations for top posts in State institutions
A six-member committee has been appointed on a directive of President Gotabhaya Rajapaksa to submit recommendations on the appointment of qualified and suitable persons to Statutory Boards and State-Owned Enterprises (SOEs), Presidential Media Unit said.
Mr. Sumith Abeysinghe, former Secretary of the Cabinet of Ministers and senior State official with extensive in the public sector, will chair this committee.
Former Chairman of John Keells Holdings Plc. Susantha Ratnayake, former Securities and Exchange Commission Chairman Dr. Nalaka Godahewa, Hela Clothing Chairman Dian Gomes, Neurosurgeon Dr. Prasanna Gunasena and Senior Lecturer Jagath Wellawatte have been appointed as committee members
Presidential Secretariat has informed the committee to submit recommendations of the qualified professionals on or before December 18.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Department of Examinations announced dates of Scholarship Exam, O/L, A/L March 1, 2024
- Central Bank officials summoned to party leaders’ meeting over salary hike March 1, 2024
- Sri Lanka halts free visas for long-staying Russian, Ukrainian nationals March 1, 2024
- UNFPA to assist Sri Lanka in modernizing statistical system for transition to digital economy March 1, 2024
- Sri Lanka to introduce National Cyber Security Act, establish Cyber Security Authority March 1, 2024