Committee to make recommendations for top posts in State institutions
A six-member committee has been appointed on a directive of President Gotabhaya Rajapaksa to submit recommendations on the appointment of qualified and suitable persons to Statutory Boards and State-Owned Enterprises (SOEs), Presidential Media Unit said.
Mr. Sumith Abeysinghe, former Secretary of the Cabinet of Ministers and senior State official with extensive in the public sector, will chair this committee.
Former Chairman of John Keells Holdings Plc. Susantha Ratnayake, former Securities and Exchange Commission Chairman Dr. Nalaka Godahewa, Hela Clothing Chairman Dian Gomes, Neurosurgeon Dr. Prasanna Gunasena and Senior Lecturer Jagath Wellawatte have been appointed as committee members
Presidential Secretariat has informed the committee to submit recommendations of the qualified professionals on or before December 18.
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023