Court issues arrest warrant against Johnston Fernando
Colombo Fort Magistrate today (June 08) issued a warrant for the arrest of former Minister Johnston Fernando in connection with the the incidents that took place outside Temple Trees (Maina Go Gama) and in Galle Face (Gota Go Gama) on May 09.
The order was issued by Colombo Fort Magistrate Thilina Gamage after taking into consideration a request by the Attorney General’s Department.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023