Court orders auctioning of Malwana land after Basil denies ownership
Posted in Local News
The disputed land in Malwana which was said to have been owned by former Minister Basil Rajapaksa will be put up for auction.
It was revealed in court during the previous hearing, the former Minister Basil Rajapaksa did not have ownership for the land in question. The land was put up for auction following an order by the Pugoda Magistrate.
When the case was taken up for hearing, Magistrate D.A. Ruwanpathirana ordered that the money from the auctioning be handed over to the Pugoda Magistrate’s Court.
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023