Court orders probe into death threat
Colombo Chief Magistrate Prasanna Alwis today ordered Inspector General of Police (IGP) N.K. Illangakoon to investigate into the alleged death threat received by Hirunika Premachandra, daughter of the slain former MP Bharatha Lakshman Premachandra.
When the case on the murder of Bharatha Lakshman Premachandra was taken up at court, the aggrieved party lawyers complained to the chief magistrate about the death threat.
The Chief Magistrate also ordered to the IGP to report back with the results of the investigation at the next hearing date on May 08.
Courtesy: DM Online
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023