CTB bus fares also set to increase by 7%
CTB bus fares will also be increased by 7% together with the private bus fares from November 1, the Sri Lanka Transport Board said.
The Ministry of Private Transport Services last week announced that private bus fares will be increased by 7 per cent with effect from November 01 and that the relevant cabinet paper submitted by the Minister has been granted approval.
Private bus unions have accepted the increase but called for a 12% increase in fares in order to cover losses.
the Lanka Private Bus Owner’s Association (LPBOA) also vowed to take legal action against the Minister of Private Transport Services and the Chairman of the National Transport Commission (NTC) for allegedly “ruining” the private bus industry.
(Courtesy: Ada Derana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023