CUBA MAKES ASTHMA DRUG FROM BANANA PEELS
Onlanka News – By Walter Jayawardhana
Havana which has made many medical feats for a small country has manufactured a very effective drug for asthma Cuba’s Prensa Latina News Service reported.
A pharmaceutical Lab has demonstrated “a highly effective” meeical product made from banana peel the Cuban news agency has reported.
Jorge Luis Martinez and Yudit Rodriguez, executives from the Pharmaceutical Biological Laboratory — or Labiofam — presented the products to the Vietnamese pharmaceutical industry at the Institute of Medicinal Materials in Vietnam capital Hanoi.
‘The medical products “stirred up interest and admiration among Vietnamese scientists and researchers”, the report said.
After a meticulous process comprising laboratory study, tests of medicinal properties and health registration strictly according to international regulations, the products have been launched in the market, Rodriguez said.
A medicine named “Asmacan” is a bronchodilator and expectorant, and is very effective for asthma patients. This has been seen among patients in Cuba, the scientists said.
Another medicine “Nutrisol” is a nutritional, restorative supplement used in the treatment of anaemia, anorexia and convalescence.
Other medicines to treat specific types of anaemia are “Ferrical” and “Acitan”. They provide a missing dietetic-fiber supplement, encourage more healthy processes, and are effective protectors of the gastric mucus.
A medicine called “Propolina” is a restorer in immunological disorders and is also and anti-parasite, anti-inflammatory, analgesic and anti-bacterial, all in one, they said.
Labiofarm has also created a line of products obtained from mango peel, known as “Vimang”. It can be used as a nutritional supplement for people subdued to high tensions such as pilots, high-performance athletes and divers.”
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023