PRESIDENT’S FUND TO TAKE CARE OF DR. JAYALATH JAYAWARDENA’S SURGERY IN LONDON
Onlanka News – By Walter Jayawardhana
United National Party leader Ranil Wickramasinghe has been able to obtain financial help from President Mahinda Rajapaksa to pay the medical bills for Dr.Jayalath Jayawardena who suddenly took ill at a London air port.
The former Minister and senior opposition parliamentarian was found unconscious while travelling there and later admitted to East Surrey Hospital in London, where he was recommended to have an open heart surgery.
He had sent all documents regarding the expenses to the UNP General Secretary Tissa Attanayaka. President Rajapaksa agreed to take care of the matter by the President’s Fund,
The Sunday Times in Colombo said Attanayaka conveyed the message to Dr. Jayalath Jayawardena about the President’s decision.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023