Customs officer arrested over false data entry to re-export areca nuts
Posted in Local News
An Assistant Superintendent of Sri Lanka Customs has been arrested for forging documents and re-exporting a consignment of dried Indonesian areca nuts to India as Sri Lankan areca nuts.
The arrest has been made by the Criminal Investigation Department (CID), according to the Police Spokesperson DIG Ajith Rohana.
The Customs officer in question was identified as a 29-year-old from Wadduwa area.
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023