Customs seize illegal stock of Cigarettes
Posted in Local News
A stock of illegal cigarettes that were sent under the guise of tiles by Sri Lankans working abroad have been seized by The Customs Department.
The stock of cigarettes which were concealed in bags and boxes and dispatched to a false address were seized by officers attached to the Customs Department.
The seized stock which consisted 250, 000 Cigarettes manufactured in Dubai has been valued at Rs 6 million, Customs sources reported.
(Source: Ceylon Today Online)
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
Well done customs. Catch them all
Proud to see sri Lankan Customs in action. Keep up the good work
may be the higher officials of customs wouldn’t have agreed for the deal to release the stuffs.Do not praise and applauds them as I experienced with them far often.
poors guys !!