Oust Sri Lanka from the Commonwealth – Vaiko
Sri Lanka should be removed from the Commonwealth and the CHOGM shifted to another country, says Vaiko, president of India’s Marumalarchi Dravida Munnettra Kazhagam (MDMK).
The Congress has betrayed the interests of people of Tamil Nadu and Tamils in Sri Lanka, he said, in Vellore to participate in the preparatory meeting for the party’s 105th birth anniversary conference of Aringnar Anna, at Virudhunagar on September 15.
“Sri Lanka should be removed from the Commonwealth and the meet should not be held at Sri Lanka,” he said, adding, “I do not want India to boycott the meet; by doing so, the Congress would take advantage politically.”
“People had lost faith in the Congress-led UPA due to the bad economic policies leading to an economic disaster,” he was quoted as saying by Express News Service.
(Courtesy: Ada Derana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Defence Ministry refutes reports of ‘lavish spending’ for entertaining military heads December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka moving towards social revolution – Anura December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs US $ 1.4 trillion additional investment to realise SDGs by 2030: IPS study December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Sports Minister appoints new National Sports Council December 4, 2023
- ‘We quit our stressful public sector jobs to earn £150 a month in Sri Lanka’ December 4, 2023