Sri Lanka awarded Best Travel Destination in Guangdong, China
Sri Lanka won an award for Best Travel Destination of Cantonese, based on online voting by the readers of the Southern Metropolis Newspaper.
The award was presented to the Consulate General on the opening day of the China (Guangdong) International Tourism Industry Expo 2013 (CITE 2013), a one-stop platform for the travel trade, which took place at the China Import and Export Fair Pazhou Complex, Guangzhou from August 29th –September 1st 2013.
The trade fair was organized by the National Tourism Bureau of China; The People’s Government of Guangdong Province and Guangdong Province Hotel Products Industry Association.
Guangdong Province, China’s largest province in terms of Gross Domestic Product, is a top outbound travel market in China. The organizers announced that the expo attracted exhibitors from 45 countries and more than 500,000 visitors including 20,000 professional buyers.
The Consulate General had a stall at the event, to promote Sri Lanka as a major tourism destination. Ceylon Tea was provided by Mlesna to members of the general public who flocked to the stall in large numbers. There was great interest in learning about places of interest, hotels and itineraries in Sri Lanka.
(Source: Asian Tribune)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Defence Ministry refutes reports of ‘lavish spending’ for entertaining military heads December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka moving towards social revolution – Anura December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs US $ 1.4 trillion additional investment to realise SDGs by 2030: IPS study December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Sports Minister appoints new National Sports Council December 4, 2023
- ‘We quit our stressful public sector jobs to earn £150 a month in Sri Lanka’ December 4, 2023