Defeating current government is responsibility of people – Mahinda
Defeating the current government is a responsibility of Sri Lankans for the sake of its unborn generation, Leader of the Opposition Mahinda Rajapaksa says.
The former President stated this addressing the convention of Mahajana Eksath Peramuna yesterday (07). The event was held at Awissawella.
The United National Party (UNP) has not succeeded in electing a presidential candidate unanimously, he said, stressing that whoever candidate contests in the election from the UNP, Sri Lanka Podujana Peramuna (SLPP) can defeat them.
Speaking further, the Opposition Leader added “Ranil has said he would contest, but the other one has not said he would not contest. Ranil has at least showed he has a backbone.”
(Source: Ada Derana)
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
The voters exercised their responsibility properly in the Presidential Election of 2015 and Parliamentary Elections of 2016.
The voters will exercise their responsibility properly in the forthcoming elections, Presidential and Parliamentary, to ensure perpetuation of democracy and freedom and economic growth and security in our land.