Defence Secretary Lays foundation stone for Colombo City Center
Secretary Defence and Urban Development Mr. Gotabaya Rajapaksa laid foundation stone for the proposed Colombo City Center yesterday (02nd December). Construction work is scheduled to be complete in early 2018 at a cost of USD 150 million.
This mixed-use lifestyle center with more than 1,000,000 square feet in 48 stories is the first project by the Colombo City center partners, a joint venture between Abans Group and silver Needle Hospitality of Singapore.
Religious dignitaries, The Australian High Commissioner, Her Excellency Ms Robyn Mudie, Mrs. Ioma Rajapaksa, Chairperson of the MOD Seva Vanitha Unit (SVU), Chairman of C, C, C Mr. Iqbal Jumbhoy, and Director of JV Mrs. Aban Pestonjee were also present at the event.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Defence Ministry refutes reports of ‘lavish spending’ for entertaining military heads December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka moving towards social revolution – Anura December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs US $ 1.4 trillion additional investment to realise SDGs by 2030: IPS study December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Sports Minister appoints new National Sports Council December 4, 2023
- ‘We quit our stressful public sector jobs to earn £150 a month in Sri Lanka’ December 4, 2023