Defence Secretary Lays foundation stone for Colombo City Center
Secretary Defence and Urban Development Mr. Gotabaya Rajapaksa laid foundation stone for the proposed Colombo City Center yesterday (02nd December). Construction work is scheduled to be complete in early 2018 at a cost of USD 150 million.
This mixed-use lifestyle center with more than 1,000,000 square feet in 48 stories is the first project by the Colombo City center partners, a joint venture between Abans Group and silver Needle Hospitality of Singapore.
Religious dignitaries, The Australian High Commissioner, Her Excellency Ms Robyn Mudie, Mrs. Ioma Rajapaksa, Chairperson of the MOD Seva Vanitha Unit (SVU), Chairman of C, C, C Mr. Iqbal Jumbhoy, and Director of JV Mrs. Aban Pestonjee were also present at the event.
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
Heartfelt appreciation to your efforts in establishing sanity in the lovely City of Colombo.
It is only you that has a helicopter view of our lovely City and based on that vision, you are indeed creating a city which is not only liveable but meets with the needs of its citizens.
In fact, Mr Gothabhaya, you are a multi-talented professional not only in Defence Administration but in Town Planning.
The tenacity you have demonstrated in developing the City of Colombo in dealing with complex social and environmental issues, that is a rarity.
My only hope is that your brother will keep you in your job after the massive victory he is likely to earn on 08 jan 2015.