Dhammika Perera’s name sent to the Election Commission
Businessman Dhammika Perera’s name was submitted to the National Election Commission to fill the vacant National List seat of the Sri Lanka Podujana Peramuna (SLPP) in Parliament.
It is reported that Dhammika Perera has decided to resign from the board memberships of all his companies.
Reportedly, Perera has officially submitted his consent to accept a National List Membership of Parliament from the SLPP.
The move comes following the resignation of former Minister Basil Rajapaksa from his National List seat.
Basil Rajapaksa said he was paving the way for a more suitable candidate to enter parliament via the national list.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023