Dr. Geethanjana Mendis passes away
Prominent Neuro Physician, Dr. Geethanjana Mendis, who headed the Sports Medicine Unit of the Ministry of Sports for numerous years, has passed away today morning.
He had been suffering from a heart condition and had passed away at the Nawaloka Hospital in Colombo, hospital sources said.
Dr. Mendis was the former chairman of the Sri Lanka National Anti Doping Organisation (NADO) as well as head of the sports medical unit of the Sports Ministry.
Courtesy: Ada Derana
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- World’s leading tech companies deeply criticize Sri Lanka’s Online Safety Bill October 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government says No more emergency purchases of medicines October 2, 2023
- IMF unveils 16-point plan to address governance challenges in Sri Lanka October 2, 2023
- Corrupt elements use Parliament, Finance Ministry to evade taxes October 2, 2023
- CEYPETCO and Lanka IOC increases fuel prices October 1, 2023