Drunken motorcyclist enters Expressway, hospitalized
A motorcyclist who illegally entered the Southern Expressway through the Welipenna Interchange has been hospitalized after colliding with a van this morning, police said.
The motorcyclist, who was under the influence of alcohol, had illegally entered the Expressway and collided with a van near the Welipenna Interchange, Police Spokesman SSP Ajith Rohana said.
He reportedly rode in the opposite direction of the lane facing oncoming traffic.
The motorcyclist has been admitted to the Nagoda Hospital with injuries.
Welipenna Police are conducting an investigation into the incident.
(Courtesy: Ada Derana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge wins Asian Games athletics medal after 17 years October 3, 2023
- World Bank boosts Sri Lanka economic forecasts after inflation progress October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President slams western media, says no to international probe October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Bondholder Lawsuit Should Be Put on Hold, U.S. Says October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch new vehicle revenue license system (eRL 2.0) on October 7 October 3, 2023