UPFA MP Dullas Alahapperuma says he will resign from the Matara District SLFP leadership post. He said this addressing a press conference a short while ago.
MP said he would hand over the resignation letter to SLFP Chairman and President Maithripala Sirisena on Monday.
“I decided to resign because MPs Mahinda Yapa Abeywardane and Kanchana Wijesekara were removed from their post as orgarnisers previously,” he said.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Supreme Court invalidates Cabinet decision granting Paget road residence to Maithripala Sirisena February 29, 2024
- Nagananda Kodituwakku barred from practicing as Attorney-at-Law February 29, 2024
- Sri Lanka President highlights country’s Indian ocean security commitment at Pathfinder Conference February 29, 2024
- 36 persons injured in a bus accident in Monaragala February 29, 2024
- IMF Team to conduct second review of Sri Lanka’s EFF program in March 2024 February 28, 2024