Duminda Silva taken out of J’pura hospital
MP Duminda Silva has been taken out of the neurosurgery ICU of Ward 18 of Sri Jayewardenepura Hospital, according to reports which cannot be verified.
Around 20 vehicles, security backup vehicles and two ambulances took him away around 9.35 tonight (Nov. 01), according to the reports.
According to the reports, the MP was to be taken to the US tonight for further treatment.
When contacted earlier in the day, hospital director Dr. S.K. Gamage confirmed the MP’s relatives have sought permission to take him abroad for treatment.
MP Silva was hospitalized following the Mulleriyawa political gunfight on October 08.
Courtesy: Sri Lanka Mirror
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023