Embassy officer in Oman interdicted over human trafficking
The third officer of the Sri Lanka Embassy in Oman, who is accused of being involved in human trafficking syndicate, has been interdicted, Foreign Employment Minister Manusha Nanayakkara said.
The officer in question will be placed under arrest upon arrival to Sri Lanka for further investigations, he said further.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023