Emir of the State of Qatar arrives
Emir of the State of Qatar King Tamim bin Hamad Al-Thani was arrived in Sri Lanka short while ago.
He was welcomed by Foreign Affairs Minister Mangala Samaraweera and Aviation Services Minister Reginald Cooray.
The Emir will hold discussions with the President Maithripala Sirisena on upgrading bilateral ties between the two countries.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023