Employee of Lankapura Divisional Secretariat tests COVID-19 positive
The Lankapura Divisional Secretariat office in Pollonnaruwa has been temporarily closed from today (30) after a staff member tested positive for COVID-19, Pollonnaruwa Regional Director of Health Services Dr. W. K. W. S. Kumarawansa said.
The case has been detected when the entire staff of the Lankapura Divisional Secretariat office had been subjected to a random PCR test session.
The infected patient, a resident of Lankapura, has been identified to be a close associate of a COVID-19 positive patient from the Kandakadu Rehabilitation Center.
The Director General of Health Services Dr. Anil Jayasinghe said they were tracing close contacts of the staff member and directing them to quarantine centres.
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023