Two state officials arrested with Ice worth Rs. 2.5 million
Posted in Local News
Two officials from the Kelaniya and Kolonnawa district secretariats have been arrested while transporting 250 grams of crystal methamphetamine, also known as ‘ice’.
Police said that the car, in which suspects were transporting the drugs, has also been taken into custody.
The arrests were made in the Pattiya Junction area in Peliyagoda.
Western Province Senior DIG Deshabandu Thennakoon said that the suspects and contraband which has a street value of Rs. 2.5 million was taken into custody while being transported in a car in Kelaniya.
- Sri Lanka relaxes import restrictions on over 300 items June 10, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to go ahead with privatising SLT despite ‘NO’ from S.O.C. on National Security June 10, 2023
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023