Eradicate the leasing mafia – Sajith
Leader of the Samagi Jana Balawegaya Sajith Premadasa has called for prompt measures to eradicate the leasing mafia in the country.
The final rites of the Chairman of the Self-Employed Professionals’ National Three-Wheeler Federation, Sunil Jayawardena, who was assassinated, will be performed at the Kesbewa Public Cemetery today.
Speaking to media after paying his respects to Sunil Jayawardene, the former Leader of the Opposition requested the government to legalize leasing concessions granted during the COVID-19 pandemic.
He also called for stern legal action to be taken promptly against those responsible for the murder of Sunil Jayawardena.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023