EU passes resolution on Sri Lanka
Posted in Local News
The European Parliament Thursday evening passed a resolution calling on the Sri Lankan government to implement the recommendation of the Reconciliation Committee in full.
The EP appreciates the restoration of peace and welcome the first ever elections in the Northern Province of Sri Lanka. However, it notes with concern that “the presence of government military forces in the former conflict areas remains considerable” and that there are continuing reports of intimidation and human rights violations.
(Courtesy: DM Online)
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023
as is usual not very many have seen what these guys talking about let alone read it.
Prabhakaran (RIP) led the tamils to believe that north Jaffna in particular to be an autonomous state few Tamils here and abroad out of conviction to P’s ideals believe that the GOSL has no jurisdiction over the tamils in Jaffna and believe that the mi;itary occupation is illegal.
EU has no authority to test the sovreignity of SL by passing resolutions on fictitious allegations.
The french mobilised the expatriate libyans to overfthrow Gadaffi. Our concern ought to be that it will not happen here with EU mobilising a resurgent LTTE.