Expect more power cuts: Second generator at Norochcholai back in action
The fault in the second generator at the Norochcholai (Lakvijaya) coal power plant has been restored, the Ministry of Power and Renewable Energy stated.
However, the ministry said, power interruptions are likely to occur in parts of the island during morning hours.
Power outages were reported in several areas across the island yesterday.
Media Director of the Ministry of Power and Energy, Sulakshana Jayawardena added that steps were taken to disrupt the power supply in several areas, in order to maintain the demand and supply of electricity and to maintain power generation.
He said power disruptions were a temporary measure.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023
- October sees 20% decline in apparel exports from Sri Lanka November 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka approves Sinopec’s $4.5 billion refinery proposal November 28, 2023
- Tamil Nadu government failed to understand the problem in Sri Lanka: Murali November 27, 2023
- Harin appointed Sports Minister, Pavithra appointed Irrigation Minister November 27, 2023