Facebook blockage lifted with immediate effect
Posted in Local News
President Maithripala Sirisena instructed the Telecommunications Regulatory Commission of Sri Lanka (TRCSL) to lift the blockage imposed on Facebook with immediate effect, a short while ago.
The President arrived at the decision after holding talks with Facebook officials.
The government took measures to block social media on March 7 to quell and control the spread of racially inciting rumors and hate speech, after the eruption of communal conflicts in Kandy and Ampara.
(Source: Daily News)
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023