Father and daughter killed, 2 injured in car crash on Southern Expressway
A 39-year-old father and his three-year-old daughter have died in a motor accident reported in Millaniya adjacent to the Galanigama Exit along the Southern Expressway at around 1:30 am this morning.
Police said that a car traveling from Matara towards Colombo had skidded off the expressway and collided against the railings near the 18km post in Milleniya.
A group returning from pilgrimage to Kataragama were reportedly traveling in the car when the accident occurred.
The mother and another daughter who sustained injuries have been admitted to Horana and Nagoda Hospitals.
Another relative who was in the vehicle at the time, was unharmed.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023