Female teacher forced to kneel before politico
North Western Provincial Council member Ananda Sarath Kumara had allegedly verbally assaulted and forced a female teacher to kneel before him yesterday, for advising his daughter on a disciplinary matter.
The councilor has been arrested by the Anamaduwa Police and has been remanded until 18 June. Further investigations are being carried out by the Nawagattegama Police.
(Courtesy: DM Online)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023