– by Shenali D Waduge –
When we had been thinking that the ICC was created to put on trial only African and other Third World leaders a 250 page dossier on Britains war crimes in Iraq has been submitted on 11 January 2013 to the ICC by Birmingham-based Public Interest Lawyers and the European Centre for Constitutional and Human Rights (ECCHR.). Knowing the scale of lies the West resort to the possibility that Britain’s case at the Hague is to show that the ICC is unbiased cannot be ruled out as well. Nevertheless, the fact that a dossier detailing some of the crimes often kept hidden gives the rest of the world the opportunity to shame leaders like David Cameron who thinks he can descend on nations to shine ‘human rights’ and humiliate the hospitality accorded to him. Every time Britain has been accused of war crimes it has always been brushed aside but the dossier gives a leverage now over those pointing fingers. Professor William Schabas, human rights law expert says that “What this application does is throw down the challenge to the court to show there are no double standards.” We await the day that happens. Double standards in international criminal justice must end. When Sri Lanka’s President declared ‘people in glass houses should not throw stones’ Cameron should have taken note – now the light has shone on Britain’s SYSTEMATIC War Crimes in Iraq.
The country pressing for ‘international investigations’ are now in the thick of an international investigation that is likely to boomerang on other nations of the First World especially NATO nations who have also been part of the War Crime Consortium in all of the bogus humanitarian interventions now taking place. The US however has ensured none of its troops would be taken to any international court for any offence – so literarily they are above all laws in existence.
Dossier Title : “The Responsibility of UK Officials for War Crimes Involving Systematic Detainee Abuse in Iraq from 2003-2008″,
Dossier Charges: The 250 page document charges that “those who bear the greatest responsibility” for alleged war crimes “include individuals at the highest levels” of the British Army and political system.
Some of the names of the people being accused : two former Defence Ministry supremos, Geoff Hoon and Adam Ingram, Defence Secretary and Minister of State for the Armed Forces, respectively, under Tony Blair’s premiership, during the planning and invasion of Iraq and for most of the UK’s occupation. General Sir Peter Wall, head of the British Army
Witness testimonies : 400 Iraqis
Allegations of abuse covered : brutality combined with cruelty and forms of sadism, including sexual abuse, and sexual and religious humiliation”, with widespread use of “hooding”, prisoners forced into excrutiating “stress positions, sleep deprivation, noise bombardment and deprivation of food and water.” (All such techniques were banned under the government of Edward Heath in 1972, after being used in Northern Ireland)
The modus operandi of these War Crimes Consortium headed by US has been to
- Line up a series of false allegations or create false flag situations using their local stooges (these allegations are often the same – cooked up civilian casualties, accusations of rape, use of cluster bombs and other chemical weapons, targeting of hospitals/schools…..etc)
- Document these and have them sent to the UN apparatus as well as other UN authorities and foreign missions as ‘grievance’ ‘discrimination’ etc.
- Make maximum use of the globalist media under their wing to promote all the lies, the false images, the false photos, fund documentaries that are screened across the world and even awarded global prizes – repeat these false accusations enough times using the Goebbels theory (lies repeated often enough becomes truth)
- Get their UN stooges holding plum portfolios to descend on nations and engineer another set of reports that would provide the basis for a theatrical vote system held at the UN Human Rights where a call is enough for countries to place their vote against nations being targeted. Get officials to repeatedly land in these targeted nations and make already written statements denigrating the nations and their leaders.
- Then comes the big wigs in the form of the big shot leaders and their officials who will call for ‘international inquiry’ ‘international tribunals’. The accusations will attempt to strike fear of Moses into the leaders so as to make them commit themselves to allowing these nations to make investments in their countries (which is the ultimate goal) or face sanctions, asset freeze and other such threats like a UN Team based in these countries (who do no such humanitarian role but are working towards creating the foundation for a future invasion)
This merry go round has been going on for far too long.
This was why 54 nations of the African Union threatened to remove itself from the 2002 Treaty of Rome of which 34 African nations are signatory. Their accusation has been that the ICC has chosen to indict individuals in poorly documented cases while ignoring high profile war crimes committed on a global scale by US, Britain, France, Israel and their surrogates. The Africans are questioning why the ICC has not prosecuted George Bush and Tony Blair despite hundreds of well-documented charges brought against them. Many of these charges revolve around 9/11 and the use of that incident to declare a “War on Terror’ that led to bogus invasions on Iraq and Afghanistan for purely corporate interests. What is interesting is the timing of the ratification of the 1998 Treaty of Rome – it was just after 9/11 and Clinton did not ratify it proves more than coincidental and falls well in line with Wesley Clarke’s statement that 7 nations were targeted to be invaded in 5 years well before 9/11.
Ironically the very country promoting INTERNATIONAL INVESTIGATIONS FOR OTHER COUNTRIES now comes out to say there is NO NEED FOR INTERNATIONAL INVESTIGATIONS FOR UK WAR CRIMES.
A country that once ruled 90% of the world the colonial crimes committed in each of these nations should also be investigated and the systematic criminal past must officially be disclosed to the world. The country that parrots the word ‘reconciliation’ has forgotten its own past misdeeds or simply wants to annihilate these crimes from history. If more public interest lawyers emerge a history of over 500 years of torture, murder, genocide, plunder can be brought out that would be doing a great service to ALL of the nations that were once under colonial rule.
Not only must Justice be done; it must also be seen to be done