Finance Minister appointed as the Chairman of G-24
Finance Minister Ravi Karunanayake has been appointed as the Chairman of the Intergovernmental Group of 24 countries on International Monetary Affairs, which is scheduled to take place in Bali Nusa Dua, Indonesia, in October 2018.
The governing body of the G24 – Intergovernmental Group of Twenty-Four countries on International Monetary Affairs and Development – meets twice a year, preceding the spring and Annual meetings of the International Monetary and Financial Committee and the Joint Development Committee of the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund (IMF). Following the Annual Meeting of the World Bank and IMF from 9 to 11 October in Lima, Peru the two international lenders have agreed to extend unconditional support for Sri Lanka’s development initiatives.
On the sidelines of the meeting, the Finance Minister attended a number of discussions in addition to the main conference.
At this occasion, Minister Karunanayake assured that Sri Lanka will also contribute for strengthening of G 24.
(Government News Portal)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023