Fire terminates Badulla bound train
Posted in Local News
Following a major wildfire that broke out in the Haputale area, train service from Fort to Badulla has been terminated at Ohiya, officials said.
The wildfire has been reported between Pattipola and Ohiya railway stations.
Meanwhile, Air Force and army have been deployed to douse it.
Courtesy: DM Online
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
Wild fires or the ‘lav ginnas’ as we used to call them in days of yore were not heard of in Sri Lanka even when the forest coverage was very much larger than of date.Looks as if an organised gang is at work round the clock.