More megawatts added to the national power grid
The full capacity of 300 megawatts of the Yugadanawi power plant in Kerawalapitiya which was paralysed due to a technical failure, has been added to the national power grid from Thursday.
Minister of Power and Energy, Champika Ranawaka stated that they were able to fix the defect in the steam unit, which had caused the problem.
The necessary equipment had been imported from the US on July 27.
Courtesy: News First
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023