Fish trader found dead after being abducted
A fish trader was found dead last night in Thotalanga after he was abducted by an unknown group in Modara on Wednesday, the police said.
His body was found at around 8.30pm in an area close to the Thotalanga town by the residents of the area who informed the Grandpass police.
Police media spokesman Ajith Rohana said that the victim was abducted when he was driving his trishaw.
He was identified as Rajendran Muralitharan (36). The suspects had abducted him at S.B. Fernando Mawatha in Modara.
The Grandpass police are conducting further investigations into the incident to arrest the suspects. It is believed that a long standing personal dispute may have led to his death.
A similar incident was reported last month in Orugodawatta when a prominent fish trader was abducted by men in camouflaged uniforms. But he returned home after he was assaulted and robbed by the suspects.
Courtesy: DM Online
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch new vehicle revenue license system (eRL 2.0) on October 7 October 3, 2023
- World’s leading tech companies deeply criticize Sri Lanka’s Online Safety Bill October 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government says No more emergency purchases of medicines October 2, 2023
- IMF unveils 16-point plan to address governance challenges in Sri Lanka October 2, 2023
- Corrupt elements use Parliament, Finance Ministry to evade taxes October 2, 2023