Former Galle Mayor Methsiri de Silva reinstated
Southern Provincial High Court today issued a writ order against the Gazette notification which suspended the former Galle mayor Methsiri de Silva from the Galle Mayorship.
Former Mayor Methsiri de Silva had filed a petition in the Galle High Court seeking a writ order against the Gazette notification which was issued to suspend his mayorship.
Mr. Silva was suspended through a Gazette notification last year by Southern Province Chief Minister Shan Wijeyalal de Silva since he had not responded to a charge sheet against him.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from March 05, 2024 March 4, 2024
- Electricity tariff to be reduced by 21.9% from midnight today March 4, 2024
- Court extends enjoining order safeguarding Sarath Fonseka’s positions in SJB until March 19, 2024 March 4, 2024
- Two former Sri Lankan police officers sentenced to death over custodial death March 4, 2024
- Manna Roshan’s brother killed in Hanwella shooting March 4, 2024