Former Minister Sirisena Cooray passes away
Former Minister Sirisena Cooray has passed away at the age of 90 while receiving treatment at a private hospital in Colombo, family sources said.
Bulathsinghalage Sirisena Cooray had served as the Mayor of Colombo from 1979 to 1989 and was elected to Parliament in the 9th parliamentary election in 1989 from Colombo.
He was appointed Minister of Housing and Construction in the Ranasinghe Premadasa cabinet and had also served as General Secretary of the United National Party (UNP) during the tenure of party leader Ranasinghe Premadasa.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023