Former SriLankan CEO Kapila Chandrasena and wife remanded
Former Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of SriLankan Airlines Kapila Chandrasena and his wife, who were arrested on money laundering charges after they surrendered to the CID this morning, have been remanded until February 19 by the Colombo Fort Magistrate’s Court.
Attorney General Dappula De Livera directed the CID Director to obtain a warrant, arrest and produce the former CEO of SriLankan Airlines and his wife in the court over the controversial Airbus deal in 2013.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Nightlife will play a vital role in Sri Lanka’s economic growth and tourist experience February 23, 2024
- Moon landing today: US clinches first touchdown in 50 years February 23, 2024
- Johnston Fernando requests immediate probe into Sanath Nishantha’s death February 22, 2024
- CEB Spokesman Noel Priyantha resigns over controversial remarks February 22, 2024
- Sri Lanka settles US$ 20 million Iranian oil debt with tea February 22, 2024