Government has created an era of waiting – Mangala
Former Minister of Finance Parliamentarian Mangala Samaraweera says an era of waiting has been created by the government once again during their two months of governance.
Speaking in Parliament MP Samaraweera said it is futile to level allegations at the former government in order to conceal its failures, instead of providing relief to the public.
The MP claimed the present government is making statements over its inability to reach crucial decisions due to a lack of a majority in Parliament, while pointing out that the good governance government too held a minority government when elected in January 2015.
MP Samaraweera pointed out that the good governance government tabled a budget within 25 days of coming into power.
MP Samaraweera noted that Leader of the Opposition Sajith Premadasa and party leader Ranil Wickremesinghe have both stated repeatedly that the opposition will support any decisions by the government that will benefit the people.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023